The AP Specialist reviews and verifies all information relating to accounts payable, inputs verified data to computer system, and prepares payments and reports resulting from this data. The AP Specialist is responsible for record keeping all areas of Payroll and Accounts Payable in compliance with Interact and Fiscal procedures. Understands all related policy and procedures defined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Non-Union Personnel Policies.
• Accepts and screens all Fiscal calls. Relays messages to the appropriate person in the department.
• Files all AP, Payroll & Resident Fund related documents as assigned and maintains proper filing system.
• Keeps a neat and organized area so a request or invoice can be easily found. Maintains vendor files by fiscal year.
• Prepares standard routine API batch reports and others as assigned as batches are entered
• Reviews account coding for all invoices to insure charging of proper department; obtains appropriate department supervisor’s approval; and receives reports.
• Follows system in place for naming batches and entering descriptions
• Make sure recurring invoices are not missed in any month and not doubled in any month
• Enters invoices in the appropriate month while considering deadlines.
• Checks total due for all invoices; maintains files of open invoices, recurring invoices and payment plans
• Forwards unposted AP batches (open invoices) to Senior Accountant for review prior to processing payments
• Prepares ac¬counts payable checks for signature and prints vouchers for direct deposits. Makes a copy of each voucher. Attaches checks and vouchers to invoice packets. Uploads ACH file to the bank site. Distributes checks and vouchers. Files checks stubs and vouchers already attached to the invoice packets.
• In addition to all APIs, ensures all Utilities, insurance and first of the month invoices are paid for all locations every month. If any Utility invoice is not received for any property for any month, the vendor must be contacted so payment is received on time.
• Monitors Staffing Agency invoices by making sure charges are tracked, reviewed against paperwork and entered by service, by RU and by month.
• Copies cable bills monthly, prepares the Excel tracking sheet and forwards cover sheet and scanned bills to the program. Provide a copy of the monthly cover sheet to the Sr. Accountant.
• Manages monthly BOA credit card statements by collecting receipts monthly and attaching to the statement. Each receipt should be approved by a supervisor and coded. Enter details as an separate AP batch every month from the data entered in the Excel tracking sheet
• Collects and tracks supporting documentation / receipts for all check requests for advances. This is done by ensuring all purchases are pre-approved and receipts are collected by the deadline. If receipts are missing from a previous advance and another is requested, please discuss with Senior Accountant
• Maintains accurate vendor list and informs Senior Accountant of new vendors needed to be set up in the system
• Collects and maintains in each file documentation needed for all 1099 ICs and vendors, direct deposit form, hire letters or contacts for ICs
• Tracks proof of insurance for all employees who submit travel reimbursements
• Assists In preparation for the year end Audit and in the preparation of 1099s
• Communicates with vendors, departments etc. in a professional manner and keeps the Senior Accountant informed of all issues
• Provide assistance with updating Resident fund cash sheets.
• Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interac’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer
• Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities as requested including the cultivation of an outcomes oriented culture and the completion of program evaluation plans related to outcome measurements
• Assists department with the Agency annual audit
• Provides assistance and other duties as needed
• Adheres to a safe work practice.
• Associate degree with one to two years of Accounts Payable or Data Entry experience or High school diploma plus four years of Accounts Payable or Data Entry experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of Excel and demonstrated skill in developing Excel worksheets
• Ability to work accurately under pressure of time deadlines
• Attention to detail and ability to follow systems to maintain Agency’s accounts payable records
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Clearance in accordance with PA acts, 33, 80 and 169
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)
email@example.com (email preferred)