The Activities Specialist assists day services participants in becoming more independent in their daily living skills thru community based instruction and increasing their opportunities for socialization and recreation through planning and implementing activities with an emphasis on therapeutic and health needs of the elderly, in an effort to increase the potential for independence in the community for all consumers
I. Activities Specialist
1. Assists Activities Center participants in acquiring pre-vocational and personal living skills, recreation/leisure skills, and/or maintaining physical/health to meet the interests and functioning level of participants as reflected in their individual care/support plans.
2. Maintains a safe, orderly and clean environment in the Center and in the Community at large.
3. Is familiar with and adheres to Interac’s Policies and Procedures, Program
Policies and Procedures, applicable regulations, and is responsible for compliance with same.
4. Attends training seminars and conferences when requested by the Day
Services Director or the Day Services Manager.
5. Participates in the development and evaluation of Center programming, conducting assigned specialized projects and participating in staff meetings.
6. Serves as advocate, which includes participation in goal planning sessions, implementation of goals and documentation of such, as well as supervision of participants.
7. Supervises participants, plans, and implements activities for in-facility and community based events to meet the social and health needs of consumers through therapeutic activities, including the needs of the elderly population.
8. Maintains professional demeanor in the community and promotes positive perceptions of Intercommunity Action, Inc., its staff and its participants.
9. Adheres to safe work practices.
10. “Must function in full compliance with all applicable polices and procedures, federal
state and local laws and Interac’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interac’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer”.
11. Other job related duties as needed /assigned.
12. Monitors program records, including attendance records and fire drills as needed.
13. Serves as Program Specialist to not more than 20 participants as specified in
14. Assist in initial orientation to new staff and document such as needed.
15. Under the direction of, or in the absence of the Day Service Manager, the Activity Specialist is responsible for day-to-day operations of the Activity Center.
16. Participates in the marketing of the Activity Center’s service as directed.
17. Maintain current in Required Certifications.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
email@example.com (email preferred)