To provide assessment, program design and monitoring of behavioral modification intervention plans to cases in which expertise in ABA protocols are necessary for assessment, stabilization or on-going treatment.
1. Provides ABA program design and monitoring, and direct behavior modification interventions to consumers in schools, home, and community settings.
2. Completes Functional Behavioral Assessments and skill assessments (VB-MAPP) as requested by treatment team.
3. In collaboration with other members of the treatment team, identifies behavioral goals and intervention techniques to be provided by members of the treatment team and family.
4. In collaboration with other members of the treatment team designs individualized behavior management intervention plans for the home, school and/or community.
5. Participates in Inter-Agency Team Meetings, psychological or psychiatric evaluations.
6. Completes all clinical documentation and forms required by agency and managed health care in conformance with mandated deadlines.
7. Submits invoices for payment weekly accompanied by all necessary paperwork
8. Receives regular/documented supervision by a licensed psychologist. Documentation of such supervision must be submitted to agency monthly.
9. Receives regular clinical supervision with BCBA for 5% of their clinical hours worked per supervision period (2 weeks). Half of these hours must be in person individual supervision, half group.
10. Receives administrative support/supervision as needed from program manager (?)
11. Provides weekly in person consultation to TSS; including feedback, review of treatment plan & modeling program design.
12. Participates in and completes all of the Interact and CBH mandatory in-services/trainings (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initial training).
13. Responsible for completing all yearly trainings/courses necessary for CBH credentialing totaling 10 hours (8 of which must be in behavior modification).
14. Other job-related duties as needed.
Behavioral Specialist Consultant, PA Licensed (BSL)
Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Services (BHRS)
• The following licensed professionals: psychologists, social workers, clinical social workers, marriage and family therapists, and professional counselors
• Pennsylvania Behavioral Specialist Consultant License in good standing.
-The requirements of which include: Master’s degree or higher in school, clinical, developmental or counseling psychology, special education, social work, speech therapy, occupational therapy, professional counseling, behavioral analysis, nursing or another related field.
-Verification of substantial relationship of major to behavior specialist practice: School, university or program must verify that major course of study that has a substantial relationship to the practice of a behavior specialist.
-Specific Coursework: 90 hours of evidence-based coursework =
3 hours of professional ethics
16 hours of assessment coursework or training
8 hours of crisis intervention
5 hours of family collaboration
18 hours of autism-specific coursework/training
16 hours of instructional strategies & best practices
8 hours of co-morbidity & medications
16 hours of addressing specific skill deficits training
1,000 hours of in-person experience with individuals under twenty-one (21) years of age with behavioral challenges or Autism Spectrum Disorders. (Experience during the master’s degree, or otherwise subsequent to the bachelor’s degree is sufficient.)
At least 1 (one) year of experience involving functional behavior assessments of individuals under twenty-one (21) years of age, including the development and implementation of behavioral supports or treatment plans.
• Participation in all mandatory and ongoing trainings.
• Appropriate supervision as determined by the provider and regulatory entities.
• An official notification of information (Self Query) from the National Practitioner Data Bank/Healthcare Integrity and Protection Data Bank.
• Pennsylvania State Criminal History Report, Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance and FBI Criminal History Report. (Appendix A)
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)