The Peer Specialist is responsible for providing clinical depression prevention groups for older adults at assigned senior sites throughout Philadelphia. Groups are offered at Senior Community Centers, Senior apartments, Senior Clubs, or other sites.
1. Leads depression prevention groups at assigned sites utilizing “the Next Chapter” group model and topics.
2. Completes and submits required paperwork for each group including member demographic information.
3. Maintains relationships with the identified “point person” at each site.
4. Meets regularly for supervision with supervisor.
5. Identifies group members who may be in need of higher level of care.
6. Travels to and between group sites for service delivery at those sites.
7. Documents and records all service delivery according to standards set by funding source, third party payers and agency.
8. Adheres to all established policies and procedures..
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
1. Peer Specialist certification required, Certified Older Adult Peer Specialist (COAPS)
2. Minimum of one year Peer Specialist experience preferred.
3. Position requires a personal automobile be available for daily work use.
4. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Ability to work independently.
6. Possession of a valid driver’s license from state of residence required. A minimum of one(1) year driving experience with a driving record free of at fault accidents and or moving violations preferred.
8. Computer literacy including internet, email, and Microsoft Office required.
9. Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances are required.
Interact is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Veteran/Disability)
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)