The Chief Operating Officer (C.O.O.) oversees the following departments: Human Resources, Operations (Housekeeping/Maintenance), Fiscal/M.I.S., Fleet Management, Insurance and Risk Management, and Information Technology. The C.O.O. oversees the following functions: personnel activities including recruitment, employment, wage and salary administration, employee benefits administration, Affirmative Action, staff development and employee relations; housekeeping of the office and program (non-residential) buildings; maintenance of all agency owned and leased buildings and grounds; automated client data tracking and reporting and agency fiscal activities including budgeting, payroll, general ledger, billing and accounts payable; procurement and oversight of property, liability, and other insurance products; the procurement and maintenance of agency-owned vehicles, and the provision, operation and maintenance of electronic resources including computers, mobile phones and copiers. The C.O.O. is a key member of the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiation team, supervises the Vice Presidents for Finance/C.F.O., Human Resources, and Information Technology, and the Operations/Maintenance Supervisor and Fleet Manager, and is a member of Senior Staff. In the absence of the Chief Executive Officer, the Administrative Director is responsible for the general administration of all components of the Agency. It will be very beneficial to find someone who is currently working or has experience working in Philadelphia DBH/IDD system.
1. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Business Administration, Accounting or related field or licensed as a Certified Public Accountant. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures required.
2. Minimum of five years supervisory experience in a relevant executive level management position.
3. Minimum of ten years supervisory/management experience.
4. Familiarity with Commonwealth of Pennsylvania fiscal requirements for agency-operated programs.
5. Experience in human resources, physical plant management, risk management, and information technology.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)