Provides a range of direct and indirect services to a blended caseload of children and adolescents with severe emotional or behavioral disorders and their families. Services include accessing, coordinating and monitoring services and resources.
1. Provides intensive direct services to a caseload size ranging from 15-30
Children/adolescents and their families. Services include, but are not limited to:
a. Engages children, adolescents and their families in an ongoing supportive relationship, including the provision of aggressive outreach services in client homes, apartments, community and programs.
b. Provides clinical case management services to clients including assessment,
planning, monitoring, linkage and advocacy services. Documents these services in accordance with Agency, County and State managed health care regulations.
c. Coordinates psychological, psychiatric, therapeutic, medical, dental and other evaluations and aftercare appointments.
d. Maintains communication with parents, service providers and all treatment team members via telephone and in person.
e. As appropriate, assists clients with Medical Assistance and Social Security
applications; accompanies clients to appointments at Public Assistance and Social Security offices.
f. Develops a comprehensive service coordination plan in collaboration with client/parent and treatment team and maintains continuity of care.
g. Provides 24 hour crisis intervention services on a rotating basis, including coordinating process for client hospitalizations. Accompanies client to the hospital.
h. Provides liaison services when assigned clients are hospitalized or placed outside the home.
I. Attends and participates in in-house and inter-agency treatment planning and discharge planning meetings and staff meetings as assigned.
j. Makes recommendations to supervisor regarding children in need of expanded mental health programming including EPSDT and Children’s Wrap-Around Services.
k. Schedules and attends all inter-agency service planning meetings and treatment team meetings for assigned cases.
l. Completes and/or processes all forms and documents necessary to obtain services, Wrap-Around, Residential Treatment, etc. for assigned cases.
m. Maintains required records and documentation in compliance with Agency, county, state and Managed Health Care regulations.
2. Maintains effective working relationships with other service providers.
3. Participates in-service and other training as assigned.
4. Adheres to safe work practices.
5. “Must function in full compliance with all applicable polices and procedures, federal, state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer”.
6. Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities as requested by
Supervisor/Manager/Director or the Compliance Officer.
7. Must attend all mandatory yearly trainings and additionally receive 10 hours of
elective trainings per year as approved/recommended by supervisor.
8. Other job related duties as assigned.
1. A bachelor’s degree with concentration in psychology, social work, counseling, sociology, criminal justice, nursing, theology, gerontology, anthropology, or education or a bachelor’s degree in any field plus a minimum of 12 college credit
hours in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or other social science plus 1 year of mental health direct care experience, preferably with children.
2. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
3. Ability to lift thirty (30) pounds.
4. Ability to share office space and work as a member of a team.
5. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings.
6. Valid driver’s license from state of residence; a minimum of one (1) year driving experience; a driving record free of at-fault accidents or moving violations for the past year.
7. Clearance in accordance with PA Acts 73, 33 and 80.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)