Under the supervision of the Assistant CHS Director, the Nursing Assistant assists the program nurses in maintaining the documentation of the residents in the CHS homes to ensure the residents’ health and safety in accordance with Interact’s CHS policies and procedures.
The Nursing Assistant responsibilities are to assist and support the CHS nurses by:
1. Scheduling Medical Appts to assist the nurses— Help maintaining calendars by ensuring all appts are scheduled and notifying appropriate Nurse
2. In the absence of both nurses, completing Medical Service Reports (MSR) as assigned for upcoming appointments and following the chain of command for medical appointments
3. Ensuring that the MSR’s for completed appointments are received from site staff within 24-48 hours. Any follow up appts, labs, referrals should be made asap or per Dr.’s recommendation
4. Requesting lab and test results within a 2-week timeframe to be reviewed and filed in individual’s chart
5. Attending Departmental Meetings as requested
6. Coordinating Specialty Care/Insurance/Referrals
7. Medical Supply Orders per Nurse’s direction
8. Filing Medical Reports
9. Keeping the appointment folder up to date with current insurance, ID, Lifetime Medical History with assistance from Nursing as needed. Ensuring MSR for the appointments are in the folder prior to appointment
10. Participate in training as assigned.
11. Filing as needed
12. Required to have a valid, Pennsylvania driver’s license and the ability to drive either a car or van, as needed.
13. Other job duties as assigned.
14. Adheres to safe work Practices
15. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in reporting suspected violations of the Compliance Program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisors/managers/directors or the Compliance Officer
16. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including supporting all programs in collecting, analyzing, and utilizing outcomes measurements as requested by supervisor/manager/director/CEO/Development Director or Quality Assurance department.
1. High School Diploma with 1-year experience in working in a Medical Office. Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant Certification. Associates degree preferable.
2. Knowledge of medical terminology.
3. Ability to communicate with and relate to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
4. Good written and verbal communication skills.
5. Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
6. Ability to work in an unstructured environment and display individual initiative, creativity, good judgment and effec¬tive operational skills.
7. Certification in Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid, Fire Safety Training within the first six months of employment.
8. Ability to lift a minimum of 60lbs. and be able to perform client transfers after training.
9. Clearance in accordance with PA Acts 33 & 80.
10. Ability to provide a satisfactory physical examination statement prior to date of hire and every two years there¬after.
11. Possession of a valid driver’s license from state of residence, a minimum of one (1) year driving experience; a driving record free of at-fault accidents and/or moving violations within the past year, preferred.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6122 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
email@example.com (email preferred)