The Senior Center Custodian is responsible for keeping the entire building at 403 Rector Street clean and ready for public use.
1. Regularly cleans all areas of building per established cleaning schedule (washing floors, vacuuming rugs, sanitizing bathroom fixtures, wiping, dusting etc)
2. Removes trash and recycling to designated areas daily.
3. Performs more intensive cleaning per established schedule (deep cleaning kitchen floor, steaming rugs, washing windows etc.)
4. Keeps bathrooms and kitchen stocked with soap, toilet paper, towels etc.
5. Keeps inventory of all cleaning and paper supplies and informs Center Director of ongoing needs.
6. Keeps outside perimeter of building free of trash. Yard work according to seasonal schedule (weeding sidewalks and flower beds, watering etc.)
7. Assists with salting icy patches on sidewalks and parking lot in severe weather.
8. Performs minor maintenance/repairs (replacing light bulbs, plunging clogged toilets, etc.)
9. Informs Center Director or designee of problems requiring attention of Operations Department or outside contractor.
10. Maintains a relationship with Operations Department and requests repairs at direction of supervisor.
11. Sets up and breaks down tables/chairs for special events.
12. Participates in meetings with supervisor and center staff as required.
13. All other duties as assigned.
14. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws, Program Licensing Regulations and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
1. Experience cleaning and maintaining a public building.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
3. High school diploma or GED.
4. Satisfactory physical exam upon hiring.
5. Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances are required.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org