Under the supervision of the CHS Director, the RN supervises medication administration, reviews medical records/appointments, writes and maintains medical histories, follows up on Dr’s orders, diagnosis and treatment plans as needed, Habilitation Plans as needed, administrates overall medical participation of each resident including, but not limited to, primary physician, neurology, physical therapy, psychiatric and all other disciplines.
The RN is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of the physical health of the CHS residents.
1. Reviews the needs of residents.
2. Reviews all medical consults and physicals.
3. Refers residents to the other medical appointments as needed.
4. Develops and participates in on-going training for staff on medical issues.
5. Establishes and maintains medical files and histories for each resident and updates annually.
6. Participates in meetings as needed.
7. Reviews medication administration as needed.
8. Assists CHS staff in setting self-administration of medications goals for each resident.
9. Acts as liaison to hospitals, nursing homes, etc., to ensure proper medical follow thru for people using those facilities.
10 Other duties as assigned.
11. Adheres to safe work practices.
1. Pennsylvania RN Certificate.
2. Two (2) years experience.
3. An examination statement which indicates that the employee is free from communicable disease at time of employment and every two (2) years thereafter, which in¬cludes TB testing (PPD and/or chest X ray).
4. Clearance in accordance with PA Act 33 & 80.
This position is effective May 11, 2018 to “Open Ended”.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)