The Therapeutic Staff Support Worker/Registered Behavior Technician provides one-to-one interventions to children/adolescents on the Autism Spectrum at home, schools, daycare centers, recreational centers, Interact STS sites and other community based programs or community settings when the youth’s behavior would require a more restrictive treatment of educational setting without this intervention. This position is full time for 10 months and becomes fee for service during the summer months.
1. Provides a variety ABA interventions at designated sites (as per above) prescribed by the treatment plan to stabilize the client and transfer skills. Such include but are not limited to:
a) Crisis Intervention Techniques
b) Immediate Behavioral Reinforcements
c) Emotional Support
g) Social Skills training
h) Data collection
2. Provides support for family efforts to stabilize the child/adolescent and to promote age appropriate behavior.
3. Collaborates with other service planners and providers.
4. Attends Interagency Team Meetings and internal case conferences upon request by agency.
5. Completes all required trainings as designated by the agency and the state
6. Participates in 40 hours of ReThink training modules within 6 months of hire date.
7. Completes competency assessment by BCBA within one year and passes certification examination.
8. Attends group supervision and completes one hour per week of supervision on site with BSC.
9. Completes clinical documentation in a manner so as to ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
10. Adheres to safe work practices.
11. Completes other job related duties as necessary.
12. Obtain 10 hours of BACB approved CEU’s annually and complete Competency Assessment as administered by BCBA annually.
13. Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities as requested including the cultivation of an outcomes oriented culture and the completion of program evaluation plans related to outcome measurements.
14. Functions in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/ manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
15. Participates in and completes all of the CBH mandatory in-services (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of the initial training).
16. Meets productivity requirements as assigned by supervisor.
17. Must be willing to work flexible hours (some evenings and weekends) for non-school service.
1. Bachelor’s degree in one (1) of the following disciplines: Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Criminal Justice, or other Human Service Field.
2. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline plus one (1) year verified full-time paid experience working in direct care with children/adolescents.
3. Commitment to complete the RBT competency Assessment under BCBA supervision within 12 months of completing training.
4. Must receive on-site Assessment and Assistance (6 hours if less than 6 months experience; 3 hours if more than 6 months experience) before working alone with a child.
5. Clearance in accordance with PA Act 33 and Act 80.
6. Ability to lift 30lbs.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
email@example.com (email preferred)