Health & Wellness
Journey’s Way offers a range of health and wellness programs that promote vitality for mind, body, and spirit!
Weekly fitness classes designed for active older adults include:
- SilverSneakers® Fitness Program
- Walking Club (Seasonal)
Our on-site fitness center especially designed for older adults is available to our members weekdays during center hours of operation. You may pick up a Fitness Center Registration Packet at the front desk and learn more about the program, equipment, and how you can start your exercise journey!
Workshops, Health Education, and Screenings
Health education and screenings are scheduled throughout the year to offer up-to-date information for maintaining wellness. Health programs also include lectures by area health professionals, flu shots, medication reviews and the annual spring health fair. Other programs are scheduled throughout the year covering topics such as managing chronic conditions, staying heart healthy, managing medications, fall prevention, coping with stress and more!
Staying fit includes paying attention to changing dietary needs. The Center is committed to offering healthy foods and access to food and nutritional support. Social dining is an important part of the day at The Center at Journeys Way.
Services to support eating well include:
- Daily weekday lunch menu with hot and cold options
- Nutrition education, healthy cooking demos, and nutrition fairs
- Shared Ride Transportation (CCT) for food shopping can be arranged for those 65+
- The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program, partnering with PCA
- Partnering with Philabundance and other organizations to support and assist food insecure older adults