Under the supervision of the Deputy Director of Programs, the RN supervises medication administration, reviews medical records/appointments, writes and maintains medical histories, follows up on doctor’s orders, diagnosis and treatment plans as needed, Habilitation Plans as needed, administrates overall medical participation of each resident including, but not limited to, primary physician, neurology, physical therapy, psychiatric and all other disciplines.
The RN is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of the physical health of the CHS residents.
1. Reviews the needs of residents.
2. Reviews all medical consults and physicals.
3. Refers residents to the other medical appointments as needed.
4. Develops and participates in on-going training for staff on medical issues.
5. Establishes and maintains medical files and histories for each resident and updates annually.
6. Participates in meetings as needed.
7. Reviews medication administration as needed.
8. Assists CHS staff in setting self-administration of medications goals for each resident.
9. Acts as liaison to hospitals, nursing homes, etc., to ensure proper medical follow-through for people using those facilities.
10 Other duties as assigned.
11. Adheres to safe work practices.
1. Pennsylvania RN Certificate.
2. Two (2) years’ experience.
3. An examination statement which indicates that the employee is free from communicable disease at time of employment and every two (2) years thereafter, which in¬cludes TB testing (PPD and/or chest X ray).
4. Clearance in accordance with PA Act 33 & 80.
5. Must have a valid Childline, PA Criminal History, FBI Clearances prior to seeing clients.
1. Flexibility, resourcefulness, and ability to creatively problem solve.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
3. Ability to work collaboratively within a team-oriented environment.
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
email@example.com (email preferred)
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, M/F, non-binary, veterans, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.