Under the supervision of the CHS Co-Director, the nurse supervises medication administration, reviews medical records/appointments, writes and maintains medical histories, follows up on Dr’s orders, diagnosis and treatment plans as needed, Support Plans as needed, coordinates overall medical participation of each resident including, but not limited to, primary physician, neurology, physical therapy, psychiatric and all other disciplines.
The nurse is responsible for the overall planning and coordination of the physical health of the CHS residents.
1. Reviews the needs of residents.
2. Reviews all medical consults and physicals.
3. Refers residents to the other medical appointments as needed.
4. Develops and participates in on-going training for staff on medical issues.
5. Establishes and maintains medical files and histories for each resident and updates annually, or sooner as needed.
6. Participates in meetings as needed.
7. Reviews medication administration as needed.
8. Assists CHS staff in setting self-administration of medications goals for each resident.
9. Acts as liaison to hospitals, nursing homes, etc., to ensure proper medical follow thru for people using those facilities.
10 Other duties as assigned.
11. Adheres to safe work practices.
12. Must function I full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws and Interac’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in reporting suspected violations of the Compliance Program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisors/managers/Director or to the Compliance Officer.
13. Must participate in Interact’s Quality Improvement activities including supporting all programs in collecting, analyzing, and utilizing outcomes measurements as requested by Supervisor/manager/Director/CEO/Development Director or Quality Assurance department
1. Pennsylvania LPN or RN Certificate.
2. Two (2) years experience.
3. An examination statement which indicates that the employee is free from communicable disease at time of employment and every two (2) years thereafter, which includes TB testing (PPD and/or chest X ray).
4. Clearance in accordance with PA Act 33 & 80.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6117 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
email@example.com (email preferred)