Interact’s Geriatric Counseling Service is comprised of an array of services that are delivered to seniors in their own homes or at senior community centers through a team oriented, evidence supported and trauma informed approach. The primary purpose of the Geriatric Care Coordinator is to promote positive outcomes by identifying client needs and helping to access supports across multiple systems (health, aging, legal, etc) as an adjunct to clinical treatment.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work or related field, and a minimum of one (1) year of full time paid direct care experience or supervised practice in lieu of experience requirement.
Two (2) years of care coordination, case management experience and 60 credit hours/associates degree from an approved educational program.
2. Possession of a valid driver’s license from state of residence, a minimum of one (1) year driving experience and a driving record free of at-fault accidents and/or moving violations within the past year preferred. Must possess or have access to an automobile.
3. Personal automobile available for daily use.
4. Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
5. Good organization al skills and the ability to work independently.
6. Demonstrated ability with basic PC skills including keyboarding, working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web based environments. Experience with electronic medical records preferred.
7. Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances in accordance with PA Acts 13, 33, and 73.
8. Participation in and completion of all CBH mandatory in-service trainings (must be completed within three (3) months of hire and annually from the date of initial training.)
9. Proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)