The contracted Geriatric Clinician provides mobile mental health services to older adults in their own homes throughout North Central and Northwest Philadelphia. The Clinician provides clinical diagnosis and assessment, individual and family therapy, resource access, and referral services. Services may be provided in collaboration with other psychiatric, medical, or social service providers the client is or becomes involved with.
1. Performs comprehensive psychosocial assessment including a mental status exam and diagnosis on all clients referred to the caseload.
2. Based on the assessment, identifies a problem list and develops and implements a treatment plan.
3. Provides individual and/or family therapy to assessed clients using a broad range of therapeutic approaches including, but not limited to, psychoeducation, cognitive, behavioral, and interpersonal therapies, and other appropriate interventions to address target symptoms and problems.
4. Assesses client need for additional psychiatric, medical, and/or social services and facilitates referrals.
5. With client consent, works in collaboration with all service providers involved with client or to whom client has been referred.
6. Maintains effective collaborative working relationships with referral sources.
7. Travels to client homes for service delivery at those sites.
8. Documents and records all service delivery according to standards set by funding source, third party payers and agency.
9. Adheres to all established policies and procedures.
10. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interac’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
11. All other duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in social work with LCSW credential or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three years related experience, including one-year experience in mental health counseling of older persons.
3. Automobile available for daily work use.
4. Possession of a valid driver’s license from state of residence required. A minimum of one (1) year driving experience with a driving record free of at-fault accidents and/or moving violations preferred.
5. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently.
7. Computer literacy including internet, email, and Microsoft Office required.
8. Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances are required.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
email@example.com (email preferred)