The Secretary staffs the Front Desk and is both receptionist and administrative assistant for the Center at Journey’s Way.
1. Answers phones, screening calls and forwarding to staff or taking messages,
2. Greets participants and visitors, providing information and directing guests.
3. Assists participants with registering for activities on the touchscreen, signing up for special events, lunch, and transportation
4. Schedules and coordinates client transportation (CCT) including troubleshooting and submitting participant complaints/grievances. Completes monthly shared rides reconciliation and attends quarterly transportation meetings.
5. Oversees Grab & Go in home frozen and congregate meal reservations, ordering, attendance, and data entry.
6. Compiles and enters data into the reporting system on a timely basis and prints reports.
7. Collects cash fees and reconciles with records daily. Submits to fiscal per agency procedures.
8. Keeps inventory of office supplies, materials and equipment, completes purchase orders and online orders as necessary, and handles service calls for office equipment.
9. Works with volunteers who do data entry and front desk coverage.
10. Adheres to safe work practices and consumer confidentiality.
11. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws and Intercommunity Action’s Code of Conduct and must participate in its Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program, applicable laws, or regulations, to supervisor/manager/director or the Deputy Director of CQI/Compliance officer.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Completion of high school or equivalent, plus one (1) year clerical and secretarial experience.
2. Computer literacy includes internet, email, data entry, and Microsoft Word.
3. Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
5. Ability to multi-task and work on projects calmly in a busy environment.
6. Satisfactory criminal, child abuse, and FBI clearances required.
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, M/F, non-binary, veterans, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.