Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Resident Advisor guides, assists and instructs residents in activities for independent functioning. Responsibilities will be performed in accordance with Interact’s CHS policies and procedures.
The Resident Advisor’s responsibilities are to prepare residents for independent living under the direction of the Program Manager and with the support of the Assistant Program Manager:
1. Assist, instruct, and monitors residents in all activities for independent functioning, including situations relating to their health, welfare and safety, under the guidance of the Program Manager and in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team.
2. Participate in the development of Individual Program Plans (IPP), and the implementation of goals contained therein.
3. Ensure that team members are informed of issues and concerns, when necessary.
4. Maintain ongoing documentation according to agency policy and procedure. Complete necessary paperwork as assigned in accordance with Agency and government policy and procedure.
5. Complete skill assessments as needed.
6. Accompany and advocate for residents at medical, BSU, social service appointments, etc.
7. Assist in the planning, preparation for and implementation of activities for residents.
8. Follows agency policy with respect to the maintenance of records.
9. Assist in crisis intervention and follow established procedures.
10. Assists residents to maintain appropriate family contacts.
11. Interacts with clients and other staff in a positive, constructive and professional manner.
12. Participates in training as assigned.
13. Required to have a valid, Pennsylvania driver’s license and the ability to drive either a car or van, as needed.
14. Other job related duties as needed.
15. Adheres to safe work practices.
16. Must function in full compliance with all applicable policies and procedures,
federal state and local laws and Interact’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interact’s Compliance Program including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer.
1. High school and 1 year related experience or specialized training in the area of developmental disabilities. Associates degree preferable; no experience necessary.
2. Ability to communicate with and relate to individuals with Intellectual disabilities.
3. Good written communication skills.
4. Ability to work in an unstructured environment and display individual initiative, creativity, good judgment and effective operational skills.
5. Certification in Medication Administration, CPR, First Aid, Fire Safety Training within the first six months of employment.
6. Ability to lift a minimum of 60lbs. and be able to perform client transfers after training.
7. Clearance in accordance with PA Acts 33 & 80.
8. Ability to provide a satisfactory physical examination statement prior to date of hire and every two years there¬after.
9. Possession of a valid driver’s license from state of residence, a minimum of one (1) year driving experience; a driving record free of at-fault accidents and/or moving violations within the past year, preferred.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred)