Journey’s Way Staff
The staff of Journey’s Way are passionate about working with older adults — respecting their experiences and contributions, while helping them age successful at home and live fulfilling lives. The staff are led by a very dedicated and experienced leadership team. All staff members can be reached by calling 215-487-1750, unless otherwise noted:
Misa Romasco MSW LCSW,
Vice President of Journey’s Way, ext. 1206
Director of Geriatric Counseling Services, 215-487-1990 (direct).
Rebecca Kochman MSW,
Director of The Center at Journey’s Way, ext. 1007
Journey’s Way Board, Committees, & Councils
Journey’s Way, a program of Intercommunity Action, Inc., is advised and governed by a Board of Directors and several advisory groups. These volunteers are committed to the mission, service goals, and best interests of Interact and Journey’s Way, and its participants and consumers. Journey’s Way benefits from the advice and counsel of its members through the Center Advisory Committee. This Committee meets monthly to communicate the concerns of the Center members to the staff and advise and assist the staff on all matters regarding programs and services provided by the Center.
2016 Aging Services Committee
- Kay Sykora, Chair of the committee and Second Vice Chair of the Interact Board of Directors (Manayunk Development Corporation)
- Karen Buck, Esq. (Executive Director, SeniorLAW Center)
- James Calamia (Executive Director, Roxborough Development Corporation)
- Robin Goldberg-Glen, PhD MSW (Professor, Widener University School of Social Work)
- Irene Madrak (Executive Director, North Light Community Center)
- Diane Menio (Executive Director, CARIE)
- Polly Schaller, Interact Board member (Executive Director, Philadelphia Coalition (retired))
- Liz Turella (President, Center at Journey’s Way Advisory Committee)
- Cynthia Zubritsky, PhD (Director, University of Pennsylvania Center for Mental Health Policy and Research)
**If you are interested in serving, an application can be made for inclusion on the committee by sending a resume and brief statement of interest to Misa Romasco.
2014 Center at Journey’s Way Advisory Council:
Marjorie Conn; Eileen Conway; Claire Gold; Marge Ide; Elizabeth Long; Sylvia Myers; Maryanne Patrick; Marie Shanahan; Kathryn Trotta; Liz Turella; Gloria Wilson; Patricia Bubb; Sam Paletz; Sally Paletz; Freda Gowling; and Cheryl Hahn
Center Accreditation Committee that assists the Center toward national accreditation and meets as needed.
For more information on governance committee participation, please contact Misa Romasco, Director of Journey’s Way or call 215-487-1750 ext. 1206.