Journey’s Way Staff
The staff of Journey’s Way are passionate about working with older adults — respecting their experiences and contributions, while helping them age successful at home and live fulfilling lives. The staff are led by a very dedicated and experienced leadership team. All staff members can be reached by calling 215-487-1750, unless otherwise noted:
Misa Romasco MSW LCSW,
Vice President of Journey’s Way, ext. 1206
Director of Geriatric Counseling Services, 215-487-1990 (direct).
Karen Rouse MSW,
Director of The Center at Journey’s Way, ext. 1007
Journey’s Way Board, Committees, & Councils
Journey’s Way, a program of Intercommunity Action, Inc., is advised and governed by a Board of Directors and several advisory groups. These volunteers are committed to the mission, service goals, and best interests of Interact and Journey’s Way, and its participants and consumers. Journey’s Way benefits from the advice and counsel of its members through the Center Advisory Committee. This Committee meets monthly to communicate the concerns of the Center members to the staff and advise and assist the staff on all matters regarding programs and services provided by the Center.
2017 Aging Services Committee
- Polly Schaller, Chair of the committee and Second Vice Chair of the Interact Board of Directors (Executive Director, Philadelphia Coalition (retired))
- James Calamia (Executive Director, Roxborough Development Corporation)
- Eileen Conway (President, Center at Journey’s Way Advisory Committee)
- Robin Goldberg-Glen, PhD MSW (Professor, Widener University School of Social Work)
- Ginny Heyer (Family Services Representative, West Laurel Hill Cemetery & Funeral Home)
- Irene Madrak (Executive Director, North Light Community Center)
- Gloria Wilson (Vice President, Center at Journey’s Way Advisory Committee)
- Cynthia Zubritsky, PhD (Director, University of Pennsylvania Center for Mental Health Policy and Research)
**If you are interested in serving, an application can be made for inclusion on the committee by sending a resume and brief statement of interest to Misa Romasco.
2018-19 Center at Journey’s Way Advisory Council:
David Barker, Sophia Boehm, Kas Breslin, Eileen Conway, Ann Dougherty, Delorise (Dee) Easley, Frances Ferrara, Nancy Fleischer, Margie Gale, Claire Gold, Cheryl Hahn, Roslyn Kravitz, Robert Munger, Betty Long, Theodora McDuffie, Barbara Moore, Sylvia Myers, Sally Paletz, Sam Paletz, Mary Anne Patrick, Marie Shanahan, and Gloria Wilson
Center Accreditation Committee that assists the Center toward national accreditation and meets as needed.
For more information on governance committee participation, please contact Misa Romasco, Vice President of Journey’s Way or call 215-487-1750 ext. 1206.