Health & Wellness
Journey’s Way offers a range of health and wellness programs that promote vitality for mInd, body, and spirit!
Weekly fitness classes tailored to your level include:
- SilverSneakers® and Chair AerobicsFitness and Toning Class
- Line Dancing
- Walking Club
- Tai Chi
Our fully-equipped fitness center is available to our members daily. Orientation and personal training are available by appointment.
Workshops, Peer Support, Health Education, and Screenings
Health education and screenings are scheduled throughout the year to offer up-to-date information for maintaining wellness. Some of the annual screenings include hearing, vision, hypertension, and depression. Health services also include lectures by area health professionals, flu shots, and medication reviews.
Workshops include peer-led assistance for managing chronic health conditions and fall prevention. Other programs are scheduled throughout the year covering topics such as managing chronic conditions, staying heart healthy, managing medications, digestive health, training your brain, and managing hearing loss.
Staying fit includes paying attention to changing dietary needs. The Center is committed to offering healthy foods and access to food and nutritional support. Social dining or community dining is an important part of our day at The Center at Journeys Way.
Services to support eating well include:
- Hot and Cold healthy breakfast in our Journey’s Way Café
- Daily lunch menu with hot and cold options
- Nutritional education and nutrition consultation is available weekly by professional nutritionists
- Transportation for food shopping and trips to specialty stores
- The Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program, partnering with PCA
- Greensgrow Mobile Grocery Store, partnering with Greensgrow Farms