The Program Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of assigned Residential sites, supervision of staff and clients, in addition to performing regularly assigned duties.
A. Advocating for the needs and rights of the individuals being served.
A. Direct supervision of client daily activities and maintenance of records; client ledgers, ISPs, monthly reports and flow charts for program, medical and ancillary services.
B. Direct supervision of staff, including: Hiring, on-site orientation, completing probationary and annual evaluation, designing and implementing the work schedule according to program needs, implementing the Union contract and other regulatory requirements.
A. Assumes primary responsibility for maintenance and submission of all program records such as, but not limited to, petty cash food receipts, and travel voucher reimbursements, maintenance problems, time sheets.
B. Assumes primary responsibility for coordination of medical and ancillary appointments.
C. Carries primary responsibility for Individual Program Planning at the individual site level. This includes: directing the design and implementation of the ISP, according to the requirements of licensing, SMU, County and other monitoring agencies.
D. Complete skills assessments as needed and monthly reports for residents as assigned.
E. Provide daily, weekend and emergency on-call coverage as assigned by the CHS Co-Director.
F. Maintain effective record keeping and documentation, following agency policies and procedures.
4. CLIENT CENTERED
A. Maintain the on-site direction of a resident in situations relating to their health, welfare, and safety in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary Team.
B. Responsible for assisting, instructing, and monitoring residents in all activities if independent functioning.
C. Maintain appropriate family contacts.
D. Accompany and advocate for residents at medical, BSU, social service appointments, etc.
E. Participates in training, as assigned.
F. Assist in crisis intervention and follow established procedures.
5. Other job related duties as needed.
6. Adheres to safe work practices.
7. “Is responsible to monitor how staff are operating in compliance with existing policies and
procedures and provide training as needed to keep staff sufficiently aware of all program policies and
procedures and compliance requirements. Must contact the compliance officer if aware of any
compliance concerns or violations”.
1. Master’s degree plus one (1) year related experience in a human services area; or a Bachelor=s degree with two (2) years related experience working with individuals with IDD or an Associate’s degree (or 60 credits towards such) and 4 years of experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
2. Good written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to organize and maintain adequate program records.
4. Ability to provide a satisfactory physical examination statement prior to date of hire every two (2) years thereafter.
5. Clearance in accordance with PA Acts 33 & 80.
6. Ability to lift a minimum of sixty (60) pounds, and be able to perform transfer after training.
7. Possession of a valid driver=s license from state of residence, a minimum of one (1) year driving experience; a driving record free of at-fault accidents and/or moving violations within the past year.
8. Certification in Medication administration, CPR, First Aid, Fire Safety Training within six (6) months of date of hire and maintain certifications thereafter.
9. “Must function in full compliance with all applicable polices and procedures, federal state and
local laws and Interac’s Code of Conduct. Must participate in Interac’s Compliance Program
including reporting suspected violations of the compliance program or applicable laws or
regulations to supervisor/manager/director or the Compliance Officer”.
Intercommunity Action, Inc. is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Interested candidates may forward their cover letter and resume to:
Intercommunity Action, Inc.
6012 Ridge Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19128
email@example.com (email preferred)